Google Women Techmakers Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Google Women Techmakers Scholarship Programme for African Women. Interested applicants should hurry and apply!
Google Inc. is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products. These include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing, software, and hardware. Google was founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were PhD students at Stanford University, in California. Together, they own about 14 per cent of its shares and control 56 per cent of the stockholder voting power through supervoting stock. They incorporated Google as a privately held company on September 4, 1998.
An initial public offering (IPO) took place on August 19, 2004, and Google moved to its new headquarters in Mountain View, California, nicknamed the Googleplex. In August 2015, Google announced plans to reorganize its various interests as a conglomerate called Alphabet Inc. Google, Alphabet’s leading subsidiary, will continue to be the umbrella company for Alphabet’s Internet interests. Upon completion of the restructure, Sundar Pichai was appointed CEO of Google; he replaced Larry Page, who became CEO of Alphabet.
Bachelors, Masters, PhD
Universities in Europe, the Middle East and Africa
Women from Europe, the Middle East and Africa
Eligible Subject Areas:
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics or a closely related technical ﬁeld
Eligibility Criteria for the Google Women Techmakers Scholarship:
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be a Female
- currently, be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2018-2019 academic year
- intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time or part-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2019-2020 academic year
- be studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics or a closely related technical ﬁeld
- demonstrate a strong academic record
- exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for increasing the involvement of women in Computer Science
Value of the Google Women Techmakers Scholarship:
- The scholarship recipients will each receive a €7,000 (or equivalent) scholarship.
- A retreat opportunity to connect with fellow scholars and Google mentors, while participating in professional and personal development training and workshops.
- An online network with fellow scholars program participants designed to share resources, support the global community of women in tech and collaborate on projects to make a continued impact.
How to Apply for the Google Women Techmakers Scholarship:
Google Women Techmakers Scholarship female applicants who are interested and eligible for this scholarship programme should complete the Online application form.
The following documents are required for application:
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions).
- Current resume.
- Responses to five essay questions.
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor.
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree).
6th December 2018.