The McGill University, Canada is partnering with the MasterCard Foundation Scholars to offer scholarship opportunities to individuals who are willing to undergo a degree program at the Institution.
This scholarship program will provide academically talented, economically disadvantaged young people from Africa with access to quality university education
Application Deadline: 4th February 2019
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
To be taken at (country): McGill University Canada
Type: Masters (Non-Thesis)
Value Of Scholarship: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at McGill will receive a holistic set of financial, social, and academic support throughout their education and during their post-graduate transitions.
Eligibility: To be eligible for consideration for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Master’s Program at McGill, you must:
- Be admissible to one of the eligible programs at McGill University (see Program List below);
- Have never completed any graduate studies;
- Be nominated by a professor of a recognized Mastercard Foundation Partner University, or;
- Be nominated by a current McGill Professor or Staff Member ( Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – 2019 Nomination Form.pdf);
- Be a citizen of and have lived a significant part of your life in a Sub-Saharan African Country (see List of Eligible Countries below);
- Have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community;
- Have an intent to return to your country immediately upon the completion of your degree with the goal of transforming your community through social and economic development;
- Demonstrate that your financial status is in the lowest two quintiles of your country.